Thought- Remove all fears by focusing on the promises of Christ. Because the Tomb was empty, His promises were not!
Scripture- “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39
Insight: In day 9 of learning to apply biblical principles to our daily life, what we are referring to as Practical Christianity, let’s consider what it means to live victoriously in our relationship with Jesus. The world is increasingly secular and becoming more antagonistic towards Christians by the day, so we must develop a game plan for how to live in way that glorifies Christ and brings victory to those around us as well as to ourselves and our families. I was thinking of a few bullet points we could focus on to assure this victory. They would include:
- Take massive action.
- Be involved in greater purposes that create value, rather than extract value.
- Faith, family, and then everything else. Alignment is critical to success.
- Live above the fray (above the noise) and do not be easily distracted.
- Be selfless even when it is hard (what you get makes a living, what you give makes a life)
- Shine your light into an ever-increasing darkened world.
- People need to know the truth and where to go to find hope. Give them what they need. Give them Jesus!
- Start each day grateful and energized.
- Keep things in perspective. The Universe is a grand creation.
- Be forgiving and merciful, not judgmental.
- Enjoy the beauty all around. Don’t pay attention to the noise.
- Be more patient, we have all of eternity.
- See the miracles around you every day. When you change the way you look at things, then the things you look at begin to change.
- Change your focus from what you can get, to what you can give.
If we can invoke many of these things daily, over time I am confident we will be living victoriously for Christ and changing our relationships, communities and the world for the better and glorifying Christ in the process.
Prayer: Father God, help us to live victoriously for your Son, Jesus. Remove our fears, and increase our strength, courage and boldness for things that really matter and that have eternal value. We pray this in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen!